Thursday, 2 March 2017

King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard Spoiler Review || My Heart Is Completely Shattered


*heavy breathing* *distant screaming*
SOMEONE HELP ME MY OTP BROKE AND I CANT FIX IT EVEN DUCT TAPE CANT FIX IT.

Right so King's Cage. Book three of the Red Queen series, and one of my highly anticipated books of the year. IT WAS SO GOOD.
And by good I mean it messed with my emotions and torn my heart out. Glass Sword was very good, but slow. It was far slower than the first book, and it took me awhile to finish it. I am pleased to say that King's Cage was paced far better. It was never slow. It was a roller coaster from start to finish., with plot twists and plenty of battles. That's pretty much all I can say without spoiling it, so if you haven't read it, don't read any further!





- We saw a lot of character development, especially from Mare and Evangeline (who I actually don't hate anymore??!! WHAT IS THIS WITCH CRAFT) Mare in Glass Sword was very....unlikable and confusing. She progress in a really good direction in this book.

- Victoria Aveyard is such a good author that you will actually pity Maven. MAVEN. But like, I still hate him. But I pity him. "Monsters are made" is a very strong theme here, and it's a very true one. Props to Victoria for making us pity Maven.




-I'm a sucker for epic battles, and the last half of the book was pretty much just one giant battle.


-Evangline. EVANGLINE IS SO EPIC. In the first two books she was just this angry punk who was on Maven's side, and we didn't KNOW her. But happily for us, Victoria decided to add in her perspective, and we got to see how her mind works. SHE'S......SHE ACTUALLY HAS FEELINGS? SHE'S HUMAN?! I DON'T HATE HER??




-We also got to read from Cameron's perspective, and she is another character from book two that we didn't really know. I didn't like Cameron as much as Evangeline, but her perspective was a refresher from Mare.

- The plot was a lot more driven in this book, unlike Glass Sword which sort of meandered all over the place.




- OKAY SO THAT ENDING. I AM NOT OKAY.  THIS IS NOT OKAY. HELP.

-I really disliked Cal in this book, mainly because of the end, but I found him in general to be rather bland and not interesting in this book.




Overall, I really loved King's Cage! It was very exciting.


And that was my review of King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard! Tell me, have you read it yet? Do you like the Red Queen series? If so, which book was your favourite (so far. We still have to wait for book four) What is your most anticipated books of the year, and have you read any of them yet? Comment down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.