Friday, 10 February 2017

Heartless by Marissa Meyer || This Book Crushed My Poor Heart


I don't even know what to say. This book blew me completely away. I know a lot of people were disappointed by it, but I must be the black sheep here and say it was by far the best Alice in Wonderland retelling I've ever read. Cath was the perfect anti hero: her journey to becoming the dreaded Queen of Hearts was so well done, and so sad. I was rooting for her the entire time, even though I knew her fate before I even started the book (which just makes it even more
painful)



- Again, Cath was the PERFECT anti hero. It was so hard to watch her go from a happy, whimsical girl with dreams who loves to bake, to a hate filled Queen hell bent on revenge. I JUST WANTED HER TO GET HER FRICKING BAKERY AND BE HAPPY AND LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER.


-Jest. Omg be still my beating heart. He was perfect, and quite stole my heart, aND I AM NOT OKAY WITH WHAT MARISSA DID TO HIM *cue I'm Not Okay(I Promise) by My Chemical Romance*



-THE FOOD. THE FOOD. THE FOOD. Cath bakes the most mouthwatering treats, and Marissa Meyer knows just how to describe them. You have to have a snack with you while read this book, otherwise you'll die from hunger.

- The last few chapters were the best chapters out of the entire book. They were so chilling, and so mesmerizing, aND HEARTBREAKING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH



- THE KING. HE IS SUCH A WEAK DESPICABLE KING I HATE HIM HE RUINED CATH'S LIFE. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

- CATH'S PARENTS. THEY ALSO RUINED HER LIFE. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS AS WELL!

ahem. Anyways, Heartless was amazing, and you should all read it so that you can share in my pain.



COMMENT TIME! DO YOU LIKE ALICE IN WONDERLAND RETELLINGS? WHICH ONE IS YOU FAVOURITE? HAVE YOU READ HEARTLESS? DID IT CRUSH YOUR HEART TOO? TELL ME ALL!






4 comments:

  1. Cath is the Queen, I assume? I haven't read any Alice in Wonderland retellings. I am the only person I know who is bothered by the fact that Alice in Wonderland itself makes NO SENSE AT ALL (which I think is the point, but still...).
    Great review, as always! I love the way you just list your likes and dislikes - really simple, but really effective way of doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Cath is the Queen.
      For me, personally that's the charm of Alice in Wonderland, the fact that it makes zero sense. But everybody's different right?
      Aw thanks! I'm glad you liked my review :D

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you enjoyed this so much! I completely agree - it was a really entertaining and well-written retelling. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous review! <3

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a very good book. I read it so quickly.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.