Friday, 23 December 2016

Mini Review || In which I review two books I loved

Today I'll be doing a mini review! I've seen lots of bloggers do mini-review type posts, and you know what? They are onto something because a full review for one book will take me 3+ days, whereas this literally took me one day. ONE DAY. I shall be doing more of these mini reviews in the future. This way I'll be able to double, nay triple the amount of books I review, which is something I've been wanting to do since I don't review book very often.


A Fangirl’s Guide to the Galaxy by Sam Maggs

Oh man I loved this book. Now I know what you’re thinking, Mironiel, why do I need a guide to being a fangirl?????!!!!1?

But this book is more than just a guide. It’s got mini-interviews with geek icons (Victoria Scwab or Erin Morgernstern or Beth Revis, anybody?) whole chapters on how to attend cons (and survive!) plus lots of ‘OH MY GOD THIS BOOK UNDERSTANDS ME’ moments, and you’ll find yourself nodding your head sadly and wisely to everything this book says. There’s fanfic writing tips, cosplay tips, con tips, tips for everything………plus, it’s got tons of geek-girl-feminist ideals that makes it even more awesome! Basically, it's a great book and you should totally read it. Two thumbs up for this wonderfully geeky feminist book.



5/5 STARS.


Carry On by Rainbow Rowell.

*distant screaming* I’ve been meaning to read Carry On ever since it came out, and I’ve FINALLY READ IT. Was it good, you ask? Oh it was more than good. It blew my mind. I finished reading it and then….i started it again. Right from the beginning. So far I’ve re-read it three times.
Actually it is an obsession.

The beginning was slow, and I found it hard for me to get into it. But once I got past the third or fourth chapter, I was well and truly hooked. The writing was wonderful, the story unique (despite everybody and their great grandmother’s dragon making Harry Potter comparisons and complaining, I found it to be very, very different to Harry Potter. The way magic works, the bad guy…everything is so different.)

Okay, okay, but SNOWBAZ. I ship it so hard you have no idea. I don’t have a lot of time to read fanfics, but I’ve already read ALL the Snowbaz fics on tumblr. Please send help to that dark corner of the internet and save me. I have an addiction.

5/5 STARS.

Wow. That was a short post! What do you think? Should I do more mini reviews? Have you read either of these books, and if so, what are your thoughts? Tell me all the things in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Great reviews! I've heard of the first one! I think it's on my TBR! XD I haven't read anything by Rainbow Rowell yet, but I've been meaning to read Fangirl for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay thanks! yesss you must read A Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy! And Fangirl. Fangirl is a book everybody should read.

      Delete
  2. I like this post. Two thumbs up for it!!! *insert two thumbs up* I haven't read either of these books, but the first one sounds like something I need to read. :D maybe I'll check it out sometime.

    ~Melendrir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks I'm so glad you liked it.
      YES PLEASE READ IT IT'S AMAZING

      Delete
  3. I really need to read something by Rainbow Rowell - everyone gushes over her books. Glad to see you were no exception. And I like mii reviews - short, concise and too the point :) Its also a great way of showcasing more books too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainbow's books are perfection <3
      I'm glad you like mini reviews! I think I'll do more in the future, since they are so easy.

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.