Tuesday, 22 November 2016

The Burning Page By Genevive Cogman || This title gives me anxiety. PAGES WEREN'T MEANT TO BURN.


First of all, this title gives me anxiety. Pages(and books in general) weren't meant to burn. Second of all, can we just appreciate what a lovely shade of green this book is? It makes my Slytherin heart happy.
Basically this book improved greatly upon the last one, which should have been impossible, because book two of the Invisible Library series was fantastic. This series is like cheese. It only gets better with age.
This review will be shorter than normal, since The Burning Page is the third book in a series, and there's not much I can talk about without seriously spoiling it. Trust me, you do NOT want to be spoiled.



- Our main characters have grown so much, and become so much tougher and ready to do things that a younger version from previous books would nEVER EVER DREAM OF DOING LIKE REALLY....*clears throat* Irene, I'm looking at you. *coughs violently*

- The plot of the novel was very well executed.

- DAMNIT ALBERICH. DIE ALREADY. He's a perfect villain. Like, the type of villain that anyone of us could become, and that's what makes him scary.

- Kai is such a sad, violent, smart cinamonroll. I love him.

- The ending of the book was INSANE. I could not stop reading. I stayed up all night finishing it.

- The writing is very, very good. Me likey.





- I'm not sure how this series is going to continue. Like, there's two more books coming, but surely Alberich can't escape AGAIN.

- HOW. IS THE SERIES GOING TO BE STRECHED INTO ANOTHER TWO BOOKS. One more books, I could see that happening. But two?? I'm a little doubtful. We will see.

- ZAYANNA. That is all I will say.


Thank you to New American Library publishing (ROC) for the review copy! The Burning Page(The Invisible Library #3) goes on sale 1/10/17.
Librarian spy Irene has professional standards to maintain. Standards that absolutely do not include making hasty, unplanned escapes through a burning besieged building. But when the gateway back to your headquarters dramatically malfunctions, one must improvise. And after fleeing a version of Revolutionary France astride a dragon (also known as her assistant, Kai), Irene soon discovers she's not the only one affected. Gates back to the Library are malfunctioning across a multitude of worlds, creating general havoc. She and Kai are tasked with a mission to St Petersburg's Winter Palace, to retrieve a book which will help restore order.
                                                                                                   
However, such plans rarely survive first contact with the enemy - particularly when the enemy is the traitor Alberich. A nightmare figure bent on the Library's destruction, Alberich gives Irene a tainted 'join me or die' job offer. Meanwhile, Irene's old friend Vale has been damaged by exposure to Chaotic forces and she has no idea how to save him. When another figure from her past appears, begging for help, Irene has to take a good hard look at her priorities. And of course try to save the Library from absolute annihilation. Saving herself would be a bonus.

AND THAT WAS MY REVIEW OF THE BURNING PAGE BY GENEVIVE COGMAN! HAVE YOU READ THE FIRST TWO BOOKS YET? ARE YOU EXCITED FOR THE BURNING PAGE? TELL ME BELOW!



9 comments:

  1. This series looks pretty awesome! Those covers are stunning, for sure.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very awesome. such covers. much colour. very pretty. wow.

      Delete
  2. I've never read these books, but they look kinda fascinating. Are they clean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very fascinating and wonderful!
      Well there some characters use 'damn' and 'bloody', but otherwise yeah their clean.

      Delete
    2. Oh okay. I've read The 5th Wave trilogy and those were wayyyy worse about language. Like, I got giddy when I found a page without a bad word lol. Maybe I'll read these sometime. ;)

      Delete
    3. Yeah there's not much swearing in this series! They are amazing, you should totally read them soon!!

      Delete
  3. Yours is green? Mine is orange. With tigers. :P I am going to be childish about this. (But I agree - the green cover is PRETTY.)
    I'M SO GLAD YOU ALSO LOVE THIS SERIES! <3 And I totally get what you mean about the spoilers thing. Every time I write an Invisible Library review, I'm dancing around an integral part of Kai's character that we CANNOT TALK ABOUT.
    Great review. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah yes I saw that cover. It's very pretty, but I prefer the green lol.
      AGH YES. SO HARD NOT TO MENTION *THAT* PART OF KAI. *dissolves into a puddle of frustration*

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.