Tuesday, 8 November 2016

October 2016 Wrap Up || In which I'm totally behind on all things fandom.


Being a fangirl is EXHAUSTING. There's this constant need to be reading the latest book, whilst catching up on 20+ TV shows and 500 movies, AND BLOGGING ABOUT IT ALL, AND CREATING EDITS AND I JUST *screams* I'm not saying I'm quiting the fandom life. I wish, but no. Once a fangirl always a fangirl. Some months I'm just so behind on all the news that I feel super stressed, which is why, from now on, I shall mostly be putting stuff in the fandom news section of these monthly wraps ups, only news from fandoms that I'm in. Starting now.



BOOKS I READ:

- The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan. YASS FINALLY THIS BOOK CAME OUT. I DEVOURED IT AND DAMN IT WAS FAN-FRICKING-TASTIC! 5/5 stars. I did a review for it here:

- The Thousandth Floor by Katherine McGee. So, I have really mixed feelings about this book. I liked it but I had a lot of problems with it. However, the ending hooked me, so I will be reading the next book. 3/5 stars.

- Rebel Heart by Moira Young. Liked it, but again, I had some problems with it. 4/5 stars.

- Requiem by Lauren Oliver. Sooooo,. The ending of this book was completely unsatisfactory. I NEED CLOSURE PEOPLE. 4/5 stars.

- Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld. *tears at hair* I LOVED IT, BUT I HAD SOME PROBLEMS WITH IT. 4/5 STARS

- The Weight of Zero by Karen Fortunati. OH. MY. HOLY. GODS. OF. OLYMPUS. THIS BOOK WAS EVERYTHING I'VE WANTED FROM A CONTEMPORARY SINCE I READ ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES. DEFINITLY RECOMEND IF YOU LOVED ATBP. 5/5 stars

- Harry Potter #6 by JK Rowling. AGH MY HEART. I'M A PUDDLE OF TEARS. 5/5 stars.



BOOKS I BOUGHT:
My library was given some non fiction books about writing, and thought I might liked them, and gave them to me! There was also a nice edition of all of the Brother Grimm's fairy tales. I was also sent a copy of The Burning Page by Genevieve Cogman by ROC publishing! Thanks ROC. I will be reviewing that soon. Oh and I bought a copy of The Hammer of Thor. 

WRITING NEWS:
- I reach 15,550 words on Gearbound! Nearly at 20,000 words, which is my goal for the first draft. This first draft is really just the bare bones, so by the time I'm done re-writing and editing, I think it'll be around 65k. Also I came up with a super crazy plot twist. +Claire Aelin Evangeline Aurae 's reaction to it was pricless, and it made my day: https://plus.google.com/u/0/106266716366927021535/posts/UYyJ2b1Cwbn?sfc=true

FANDOM NEWS:
- We're getting a new edition of Tolkien's Beren and Luthien May 2017!
-PJ is directing a new movie! It's an adaptation of the Mortal Engines series, and it sounds very steampunk-y and wonderful. I've never read the Mortal Engines, so now I must read them! I'm sure with PJ at the helm, it'll be awesome!
- Ransom Riggs is writing a new Miss Peregrine's trilogy! SO EXCITED. I always felt there was so much more to discover.
- EVANESCENCE HAS WRITTEN A NEW SONG FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 5 YEARS. SO FAR WE ONLY HAVE BADLY RECORDED LIVE VERSIONS TO LISTEN TOO, BUT FROM WHAT I CAN HEAR IT'S AMAZING.
- We're getting a Carmilla movie!!!! *wooohoo!*
- The trailer for Wonder Women dropped, and it looks hella fine. DC better not mess this one up!
- We're getting a biopic movie of Tolkien's life!!!


And that was my November! What was the best/worst novel you read this month? How's NaNoWriMo going for ya'll?

15 comments:

  1. *CRYING* OH LORD BEREN AND LUTHIEN. Alan Lee's illustrations are my life. This sounds so wonderful!
    EVANESCENCE YES. And ohhhh Miss Peregrine! I just recently saw the movie, so now I'm kind of in to it.
    The worst book I read this month was probably Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman, and the best was Carry On by Rainbow Rowell.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the Miss Peregrine's movie yet. I'll have to wait until it comes out on dvd *cries*
      oooh I've been wanting to rad Carry On ever since it came out! I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Omg you read the 6th HP book?? *runs and gives you hug* Welcome to the fandom of tears, punches in the gut, confusion, and the most overused quote of all time—I'd tell you, but it would ruin the last book. So hurry up and read it before I burst!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs you back* I just read the last book this month. It'll be in my November Wrap Up XD
      It ripped my heart into a million pieces. *cries*

      Delete
    2. I know me too!! *cries* But oh that last sentence, "All was well." and then they had to go and write another book!... But yes, we will ALWAYS remember the bravery and loyalty of the fallen. *starts bawling*

      Delete
    3. *sobs with you* ASDFGJKKLLLL WHYY DID THEY HAVE TO DIE. I'M NOT OKAY! (I PROMISE)
      (see that My Chemical Romance reference??)

      Delete
    4. They had to die.....it's a battle of Hogwarts for crying out loud. People have to die in battle! Rowling almost killed off Ron or Mr. Weasley! So at least she didn't do that. *sobs at the thought of Ron dying* I'm pretty much Hermione Granger to my fellow Potterheads so you can just call me that if you want lol. And no.....*cringes* I don't know what My Chemical Romance is.....PLEASE DON'T HURT ME! *braces*

      Delete
    5. I know they had to die, but STILL. MY HEART IS NOT OKAY.
      My Chemical Romance is an emo band from when emo was all the rage. I love them. They are amazing, and my second favourite band of all time. You should check them out!

      Delete
    6. Oh okay. I really don't like emo so I'm probably not checking them out. Sorry. I'm more into Christian bands like Danny Gokey (I<3him), RED, Sidewalk Prophets, Britt Nicole, Skillet, and for King & Country. Plus then there's the soundtracks....please don't even get me started on those. I'd never stop typing....

      Delete
    7. ah okay that's fine.
      oMG SOUNDTRACKS ARE THE BOMB. I LVOE SOUNDTRACKS.

      Delete
    8. Haha I <3 soundtracks! What's your favorite?? I like Twilight, Lotr, Harry Potter, Titanic, The Hobbit, and so many more!

      Delete
    9. Oh the obvious ones, LOTR, The Hobbit, Harry Potter. Some others I love are The Hunger Games soundtracks(they are phenomenal)Ren: The Girl With The Mark soundtrack, and the Game of Thrones soundtracks. There's more, but I can't remember them all rn lol.

      Delete
    10. Haha nice! I also like the Divergent soundtrack! And then oh I LOVE Scars by Tove Lo!

      Delete
    11. oh yes! The Divergent soundtrack is amazing.
      I'm not really a fan of Tove Lo. I'm more of a punk/metal type, when it comes to music.

      Delete
    12. Yeah... I don't listen to Tove Lo a lot, just that one song.

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.