Tuesday, 15 November 2016

Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven || This book + me = happiness.


Words cannot describe how happy this book made me. This was one of my most anticipated books of 2016, and it was a bit of a surreal feeling when I *finally* got it in my hands. To be honest, I was slightly afraid to read it after reading All The Bright Places, which destroyed me. I kept expecting someone to have a stroke or get hit by a truck or something. Luckily, no one died, and what I got was a beautiful book about accepting yourself for who you are, and being happy that way. Jennifer Niven is my favourite author of ever, (besides Tolkien.)
I would like to say to all the people who were hating on this book before it even came out: No. It's not what you were thinking it was. Just like ATBP, it's based off of Jennifer's own experiences and the experiences of those who are close to her. She's not writing about things she 'doesn't understand'. So please, give this book some respect.



- Libby and Jack were the cutest couple. I ship it so hard. I kept expecting them to not work out, and it stressed my poor heart out so badly! But everything ended all nicely with a bow on the top, so #happy.

- The recurring theme of 'hypothetically'. *dies from adorableness*

- ALL THOSE BEAUTIFUL SUPERNATURAL REFRENCES.  I just love how Libby used to pretend to play with Sam, Dean and Cas and how they were her best friends.

- The book's theme, accepting yourself for who you are (among others, like weight doesn't matter) and I loved how well it was done.

- Jennifer Niven's writing is LIFE. If I could choose any author to write like, it'd be her.

- All the characters so well done, main characters and minor characters.




-So here's the thing....I COULD NOT THINK OF ONE THING I DIDN'T LIKE. ALTHOUGH THAT IS A GOOD THING, I SUPPOSE. RIGHT??




And that was my review of Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven! Have you read a JN book? Are you going too? What are your thoughts on Holding Up The Universe? Tell me in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. I just finished All the Bright Places, and it was surprisingly good! Finch is such an incredible character, oh my god.

    Also, I tagged you for a thing!


    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHH I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKED IT! I absolutely adored it. Finch is amazing *starts crying*

      Delete
  2. I'M SO GLAD YOU LOVED IT TOO!! I see a lot of people disliking it and...I don't even know why?! IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. <3 And the messages of self-worth are precious. I think ATBP is my favourite of ever, though, and I don't think anything will ever match it, but this one is still soooo goooooood. Even if I didn't understand Libby a bit. haha. (Like still lowkey confused why she wrote horrible things about herself in the bathroom?) But Jack and Libby are precious and YAS for Supernatural references. Can Jennifer Niven be any more awesome?! (Probably.) (I need more books by her.)😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? WHY DO PEOPLE DISLIKE IT.
      Libby was sometimes a little...mysterious lol.
      SHE NEEDS TO WRITE LIKE 1234567890 BOOKS AND I SHALL READ AND BUY THEM ALL.

      Delete
  3. I've heard a ton of great things about this one and your review has just solidified my interest in reading it. It sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous review! <3

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad I could help you! I hope you enjoy Holding Up The Universe!

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.