Thursday, 3 November 2016

Beautiful Books || ~Novel Update~


Hello smol writer beans of the internet! Today's post is part 2 of Beautiful Books, a link up hosted by Cait @ Paper Fury and Sky @further up and further in.

LET'S DO THIS!
1) Overall, how is your mental state, and how is your novel going?
My mental state? Overdrive. My mind is short circuiting, and not all of it is due to the novel. Basically everything is crazy, and then the writing just adds. My novel is.....going. My writing has slowed down again, but I expect once I get past this certain little bit that's bugging me, it'll pick up again.
My brain probably.

2) What’s your first sentence (or paragraph)?
'Lynna stood in the crows nest of her family's dirigible, letting the wind buffet her.'

3) Who’s your current favourite character in your novel?
Hm. That's a hard one, to be sure. I'd have to say either Reyn or Elly.

4) What do you love about your novel so far?
The fact that I am able to do whatever the heck I like. It's steampunk, and so a craziness is more than acceptable: it's expected. THE WACKIER THE BETTER, I SAY.

5) Have you made any hilarious typos or other mistakes?
There was the time I wrote Liar instead of Lynna.

6) What is your favourite to write: beginning, middle, or end — and why?
THE END. GOD YES THE END. Endings are always so fun to write, and also easy! Everything just flows nicely.

7) What are your writing habits? Is there a specific snack you eat? Do you listen to music? What time of day do you write best? Feel free to show us a picture of your writing space!
  • I get up almost every single morning at 6:00 AM to write.
  • I eat granola.
  • I listen to music. Lately I've been listening to Sleeping With Siren's 2015 album, Madness.
                                                                               
  • I write best in the mornings.

8) How private are you about your novel while you’re writing? Do you need a cheer squad or do you work alone (like, ahem, Batman)?
I work alone. Like.....not like Batman, 'cause I don't like him. Like Frank Iero (since MCR isn't an idea anymore..... *cries*)

9) What keeps you writing even when it’s hard?
I'm not sure. There are a lots of things that keep me writing: The hope that this book will be one day published, that satisfying feeling when you finish, wanting to know how things end.

10) What are your top 3 pieces of writing advice?
  • Persevere.
  • Write what YOU want to write, not what others tell you
  • Have fun! Writing shouldn't feel like a chore.


AND THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL BOOKS(part two of three.) How are all your novels doing? Tell me all! Oh and also link me to you Beautiful Books posts so I can read them.

7 comments:

  1. Waaait, how can anyone not like Batman? *CRIES* πŸ˜‚ But eeep, I hope you get through the little bit that's bugging you soon!! CAKE FOR YOU THO. And I love your pieces of writing advice. I don't think writing is always fun, but it should be mOSTLY fun, right?! Because the process is part of it and it needs to be funly rewarding! (Okay I just used the word "funly" and ...why am I allowed to be a writer? *sentences self to corner of shame*) πŸ˜‚
    Thanks for joining in and GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched Batman vs Superman, and to be honest Batman was a bit of a...well let's just say I don't like him.
      *eats cake*
      If you aren't having fun writing, then people aren't going to have fun reading it, I think. Why even write if it's not a little fun? :D
      I say 'more fun' all the time, which I have been told is not correct grammar :/
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Sorry things have been hectic, but hey, you're STILL writing, you absolutely amazing writer person. Look at you. =) Though I think calling a character Liar by accident could be sign of some trouble, haha. All the same, you have an extremely regimented regimen from the sound! Kudos to you.
    Elisabeth @ Inkspelled Faery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw why thank you! Hahaha yeah I agree, although tt kinda fits Lynna though, because she seems to be doing quite a bit of lying lol. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  3. I now secretly want to have a character named Liar and have them be the most honest person ever (or are they?...)
    Anyway, lovely post! I always love hearing how people are going with their projects. Your advice is great. XD Good luck with the rest of NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should! That'd be really cool. Maybe it could be their nickname. It'd have meaning, like Tobias's name Four. And everyone just calls them Liar.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.