Thursday, 6 October 2016

September 2016 Wrap Up || SO MANY THINGS HAPPENED.


September was a much better month than August. I read nine books, which is five more books than last month! GO ME. *pats self on back* For some reason I always read more during the school year than I do in the summer. WHERE DO I FIND THE TIME???? *looks for time* I DON'T KNOW. *cue terrified screams*

BOOKS READ:

- The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr. I loved this book. I related to Lucy very much, although I really wanted to strangle her when she makes certain decisions. 4/5 stars

- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. JUST LET ME DROWN IN MY TEARS, OKAY? 5/5 stars.

- The Masked City by Genevieve Cogman. I was sent an ARC by Roc Publishing (thanks!) and holy schisternoodles. IT WAS AMAZING. I loved it even more than the first book.
 I did a review for it HERE.

- Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I really enjoyed this book, although the beginning was slow. 4/5 stars.

- Chicken Soup For The Writer's Soul. Now this will sound silly, but this book was literally a form of chicken soup for me. 5/5 stars

- The Girl At Midnight by Melissa Grey. I picked this book up because it was recommended for fans of Cassandra Clare (who I adore, just so you know) and I ended up really liking The Girl At Midnight! I will definitely be reading the second book. 4/5 stars.

- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. WHOA. This was a big change from the first book, which as I said, I found the beginning slow (there was a few character problems too.) Pandemonium was so much better it's not even funny. 5/5 stars

- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir. Everyone dies, tEARS ALL AROUND! 5/5 stars

- Cress by Marissa Meyer. FINALLY. I HAVE READ IT. Now I only have to read Winter and Stars Above, and I shall have conquered this fabulous series. Wish me luck. 5/5 stars

BOOKS BOUGHT:
I got two books this month.



- The Masked City Genevieve Cogman. I was sent an ARC of this book. So I didn't buy it, but whatever.

- The One by Kiera Cass. I bought this second hand for $1 at my library, and it's in almost perfect condition, so YAY.

WRITING NEWS:
I have so many ideas for the second draft of Gearbound. So many changes that are for the better, I think. I'm getting towards the end of the first draft, there's about sixteen to twenty more chapters. Maybe less, depending on how long my chapters are. Anyways, SO EXCITED TO FINALLY BE PAST THE HALFWAY MARK. My word count is currently 12,884 words, I'm expecting to be at 25,000 when I finish. I KNOW IT'S NOT A LOT, BUT HERE'S THE THING. My second drafts always have higher word counts, because I change and add so much. First drafts, are really just bare bones for me.
As for my other writing projects, (Bumble Bee, Planet 5, untitled high fantasy) I'm not working on them right now, as I entirely focused on Gearbound.
I also told you all what my secret summer writing project was! Here's the post about it: Day Zero


FANDOM NEWS:

- Dan and Phil are releasing another book, called: Dan and Phil Go Outside. GAH I'M SO EXCITED.

- My Chemical Romance released the re-issue of The Black Parade(The Black Parade/Living With Ghosts) AND GAH IT WAS SO FREAKING AMAZING. Naturally I celebrated the tenth anniversary of TBP with style. My favourite track as of right now is All the Angels. *whispers* that album was released when I was six.

- The Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children movie was released. I haven't seen it yet, but I will, and GAH I'M SO EXCITED.

- As part of The Black Parade Tribute Album, Twenty One Pilots released their cover of Cancer, which was so beautiful I cried.

- We're getting a live action version of The Lion King. That movie was literally my childhood.

- We're getting a Red Queen colouring book. I NEED THIS GAH.


AND THAT WAS MY SEPTEMBER. HOW MANY BOOK DID YOU GUYS READ? On average, how many books you buy?(I would buy like 25 a week, but like, who has that kind of money. NOT ME) How are your WIPs going? TELL ME ALL.

6 comments:

  1. I need the Red Queen colouring book now!!! It sounds so awesome. :D
    It seems like you had a really good reading month. Sadly mine's been kind of slow with my life being absolutely hectic at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR SAME. I NEED MY HANDS ON THAT COLOURING BOOK.
      Aw. Life has a nasty way of getting in the way of reading, doesn't it.

      Delete
  2. Ohhh yay for an exciting month!! AND YAY FOR A LION KING ADAPTION. Although this is coming from the girl who hasn't seen..like...any of the new Disney movies?! But I have good intentions. I just need more tiiiime.πŸ˜‚
    My writing is...not going anywhere. Shh, but I'm supposed to be writing out an outline right now BUT INSTEAD I'M READING BLOGS BECAUSE SO MUCH MORE FUN. And I'm all for bare-bones first drafts too! *hi fives* I mean, let's ignore the 130K beast I wrote, but technically it was a rewrite of a very old book and technically I'm just ignoring it and hoping it goes away because I'm not editing that mess. Nope.
    Also YAY for good second hand library sales!!! I basically buy 4 books per month with vouchers from my freelancing...so, um, I technically spend $0 on books per month.πŸ˜‚ BUT WHATEVER. I love books omg. I would buy 398493 a month if I had the money because booooks. Slight addiction over here, I KNOW IT'S HARD TO TELL.πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I haven't seen all the newest Disney movies either. What's that? Reading blogs when you're supposed to be writing? Kinda funny, but that's what I'm doing too lol.
      The library sale was really disappointing. None of the young adult books were any good.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad that you have also read The Masked City so now I am not the only person waiting desperately for The Burning Page!!!!!!! XD
    Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGH I NEED TO READ THE BURNING PAGE LIKE NOW LOL.
      I've got so much going on right now, I won't be doing it, unfortunately.

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.