Wednesday, 7 September 2016

August Wrap Up // My Worst Reading Month Ever


UGH! ugh. wot is life.
So as you may be able to tell, my reading month was UGH. That stands for 'Unfortunately Gone to Hell.' ahem.


BOOKS READ:

-The Shepherd's Crown by Terry Pratchett. OMG I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH. IT WAS UTTERLY DELECTABLE. I reviewed it HERE. 5/5 stars.

- Waking Rose by Regina Doman (book 3 of the fairy tale retold series) So this was probably my favorite out of the series. I read it in a day. 5/5 stars

- Always Neverland by Zoe Barton. This was the first Peter Pan retelling I've ever read and...well. It was okay. 3/5 stars.

- City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau. I bought this for a buck from my library's second hand book shelf about five months ago.....and I never read it. But Cait from Paper Fury told me it was amazing and that I should read it, and since Cait is Queen, I followed her orders and read it. IT WAS SO AMAZING I LOVED IT. 5/5 stars

BOOKS BOUGHT:
I bought three books!


- Hood by Stephen Lawhood (Raven King trilogy #1). I've wanted to buy this book FOREVER, since The Raven King trilogy is one of my all time favorite trilogies, so when I found it in a second hand store, I bought it (obviously).

- The Shepard's Crown by Terry Pratchett. 

- Always Neverland by Zoe Barton. This was actually given to me by my grandma. Thanks Grandma!

WRITING NEWS:
Not much new. Gearbound is coming along. However, since school is starting up again, I will only be updating every second Friday. I found that last year, I was frequently unable to update, due to all the homework and stuff. This way, I'll won't feel so stressed out (cue the song by Twenty One Pilots) and I will be able to upload the chapter when I'm supposed too. Plus the chapters will be longer! Yay for that!
 You will be getting a post soon about the secret summer writing project. I honestly can't wait to tell you guys all about it!

FANDOM NEWS:

- Maggie Stiefvater is writing a series specifically about Ronan Lynch! *SCREAMS WITH JOY*

- Lindsey Stirling released her third album

- Hey Violet released their second EP, Brand New Moves

- The Silver Chair is officially being turned into a movie! I AM EXCITED. I just hope they don't ruin it...

- The An Ember In The Ashes duology is....no longer a duology. Sabaa announced that a deal has been  made for books 3 and 4. I felt it was right for it to be a duology, but I really don't know how she's going to stretch the series with two more books. We'll see.

- Evanescence is back on tour. No sign of an album yet, but they are back on tour, so fingers crossed we get an album sometime in the future.

- Amy Lee released Dream Too Much, a (fabulous) song from her upcoming children's album.

ALSO! I've been watching this BBC miniseries called Lark Rise To Candleford. It's a period drama which sounds boring I know, BUT! IT'S SOO GOOD. It will make you cry, and laugh, and it's so addictive. I swear you ALL need to give it a try and watch it.


MUSIC:

Naturally Lindsey's new album has been on repeat. My favorites are: Lost Girls, Prism, Hold My Heart, Something Wild and Those Days.



AND THAT WAS MY AUGUST! WERE YOUR READING MONTHS BETTER THAN MINE? WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK? ARE YOU EXCITED FOR THE SILVER CHAIR MOVIE? TELL ME ALL!


12 comments:

  1. I didn't realise how much I wanted a series about Ronan until I heard that it might happen! XD
    Oh! Oh! Oh! I've seen the film for the City of Ember, and I REALLY want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAMMMEEEE.
      YASS I SAW THE MOVIE TOO AND THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT THE BOOK XD YOU MUST READ IT!!

      Delete
  2. The Silver Chair! *screams* We had heard it was going to be a movie a while ago but one of my older sisters said it was just a rumor. LIES. So glad it is! And sorry I haven't been here in a while. Things have been crazy busy for me 0_0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *SCREAMS WITH YOU* I'M SO EXCITED FOR MORE NEWS. ahem
      It's so good to hear from you! I was wondering if you had possibly gone on an unexpected journey ;)

      Delete
    2. *SQUEALS* ME TOO! XD
      I actually kind of did! It's a really long story but I was in Europe for about three weeks... Now I'm back in Bag End :D

      Delete
  3. UNFORTUNATELY GONE TO HELL, I'M CRYING.
    Lindsey Stirling, yessss! I still need to listen to that album, oops.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yassss you MUST listen to her new album! It's spectacular!

      Delete
  4. OMG I'M SO GLAD YOU LOVED CITY OF EMER THIS MAKES MY DAY. OF COURSE I AM QUEEN AND MY RECOMMENDATIONS NEVER GO WRONG. *shrieks* *awards self cake for efforts*
    *probably shares a crumb or two with you*
    Aaaanyway. I'm sad for your bad reading month. :( But I looove that UGH stands for unfortunately gone to hell. Omg. perfect. PERFECT.😂 You're a genius basically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *eats the crumbs happily*
      CITY OF EMBER WAS SOO GOOD. I MUST FIND MYSELF THE SECOND BOOK ASAP.
      I probably cackled when I thought of what UGH stands for. Actually I did cackle. My family must've thought I'd gone crackers. *sips tea because I think that's what geniuses do or something*

      Delete
  5. But you haven't heard every song from Brave Enough yet!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEx0UnHqXmo
    That song^ is from the B&N Vinyl Exclusive. It's an awesome song!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've listened to the Target exclusive tracks. Activate is a great song :D Thanks for sharing that with me!

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.