Saturday, 30 July 2016

July 2016 Wrap Up


Well July was AMAZING. Mainly because Girls Talk Boys by 5sos was released, but I will refrain from spending this entire post shrieking about how BEAUTIFUL it was. (Am I the only one who's noticed that movie soundtracks have been getting better and better? Like first Suicide Squad had Twenty One Pilots, and then Ghostbusters get Fall Out Boy, Walk The Moon, AND 5sos. Like, um, YASSS.)

Books I Read:

- The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski. OMG THIS WAS SUCH A GOOD FINALE. I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH. I was sooo pleased with it. KESTREL/ARIN FOREVER. 5/5 stars

- Scarlet by Marissa Myer. So almost a year ago, I read Cinder, loved it, and then never picked up Scarlet. Why? I don't really know. I guess there were so many new releases I was trying to read, that I totally forgot about poor old Scarlet. But this month I decided that it was about time I stopped forgetting, and read Scarlet. And that's what I did. I ADORED IT. It was way better than Cinder, which is saying something, because Cinder was amazing. 5/5 stars

- Missing by Kelley Armstrong. Missing was incredible. Missing sucked me in, and spat me out feeling like I've just read one of the best thrillers EVER. Because Missing isn't your normal thriller. It's not in-your-face-crazy-thriller, it's a sneaky-quietly-creepy-thriller that will blow you away. Winter Crane is a powerful main character who doesn't take shit from no one, and I really appreciated that. 5/5 stars

                       

- Highly Illogical Behaviour by John Corey Whaley. This book was incredibly cute and funny. I really enjoyed it, but for me, there was something missing. I don't know what, but I felt the story was missing something. 4/5 stars.

- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge.  Cruel Beauty was a steamy, wonderful conglomeration of: Greek mythology, romance, darkness, and weirdness. Me has much love for this book. But I was rather confused towards the end, so 4.5/5 stars.

- Between The Lines by Jodi Picolt and Samantha van Leer. OMG THIS BOOK. IT WAS AMAZING. The concept, the romance..it was an amazing fairy tale. 5/5 stars.

- Get Well Soon by Julie Halpern. This book was amazing, funny, and very entertaining. I read it in one sitting, something I haven't done in a while. 5/5 stars.

- Cracked by K.M. Walton. So this was a heartbreaking, wonderful book. It did have it's flaws, however, as most books do. 4/5 stars.

- Unrivaled by Alyson Noel. Now I was expecting to hate this book....but it surprised me so much. I loved it. It was glamourous, glitzy, and dark. I NEED THE NEXT BOOK NOW.
5/5 stars.

Books Bought:
lol none.

Writing News:
So Gearbound has been going well. I also explained what the Alternates are: Gearbound Udate: In Which I Kindly Explain What The Alternates Are
The #secretsummerwritingproject is coming along very well. I am so pleased with how much it's grown and matured. You'll get a full length post all about it at the end of summer.
Unfortunately I can't post chapters of Gearbound for another two weeks.

Fandom News:

- I mean obviously the first bit of news is that Girls Talk Boys was released. It was beautiful. I loved it. Now, where is album three hiding? QUICK IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN. Also it has this FOB vibe that I'm really digging. Like, it sounds like a FOB song.

- The Darkest Minds trilogy is getting adapted into a live action movie, and Jennifer Yuh Nelson (think Kung Fu Panda 2 and 3) is set to direct it.

- Margret Stohl, who co-authored Beautiful Creatures, and wrote Black Widow: Forever Red, is set to write a series about Captain Marvel!!!! YAY!

And since I've been away and all that stuff, I will excuse myself from finding more news.  





And that was my July. What did you guys do this month?(I went on holiday.) Do you find that you read more during the summer, or during the school year?(I tend to read more during the school year.)           



4 comments:

  1. Wow, you've had a good reading month - all 4 or 5 stars. :) At least you've STARTED The Lunar Chronicles series. I STILL haven't read Cinder.
    I probably read more during term time, since I'm a lit student.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I been noticing that I tend to rate everything 3 stars or more. I can't remember the last time I rated a book 2 stars! *is worried*

      Delete
  2. Movie soundtracks are totally getting better! Sometimes I see movies just to see where they put the song in. XD I tend to read more during the summer because homework takes up a lot of my free time. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw Ghostbuster mainly because Fall Out Boy and 5sos were on the soundtrack. It was great, though!

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.