So I read six books this month. SIX. What is happening to me?! Hopefully May will be a better reading month. (I was sick yesterday, and I read three books while lying in bed feeling awful. At least being sick can be productive...) Luckily most of the books I read were AWESOME, so let's count them down, okay? Okay.
-Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. THIS BOOK OMGS. It was FANTASTIC. I'll be reading the next two books in May. (hopefully) 5/5 stars
- In Real Life by Jessica Love. Um...so this book happened? I liked it, but it wasn't mind blowing. The only aspects of the book that I really loved was the band parts and the message that online friendships are REAL friendships. 3/5 stars.
- Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. OMGS I HATEEEE UMBRIDGE. HATE HER. 5/5 stars.
- Welcome To Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS. George's Scottish accent is life giving lol. 5/5 stars
- The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You by Lily Anderson. I recived a digital ARC of this book, and omgs it was everything I have ever wanted! I did a review for it here: The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You By Lily Anderson Review
The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You comes out May 17! Add It On Goodreads
-Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE MY LOVE FOR THIS MARVELOUS BOOK. 5/5 stars. I did a review for it here: Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare Review
BOOKS BOUGHT: Two. I went to my library's book sale, and I was sadly disappointed. The selection of books wasn't as good as last year's. Hopefully the Fall book sale will be better.
-Starbreaker(Matt Cruise #3) by Kenneth Oppel. This is the trilogy that got me into YA. I highly recommend this trilogy, especially if you like Jules Verne's books.
- Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. This is basically the high-fantasy, middle-grade version of the Selection. I read it like four years ago, and had forgotten about it, but when I saw it at the book sale, I KNEW I needed to get it.
I uploaded the first three chapters of Gearbound! New ones will be posted every Friday. Read chapters 1-3 here: Gearbound chapters 1-3 . I've also added warlocks to the story. In chapter four, we're going to meet Reyn Knowland, warlock extraordinaire.
I haven't really been working on my other stories, because I've been focusing on my blog and reading. I have like seven drafts for new posts here, plus like six Netgalley ARCs I need to read. #book/bloggerdragonproblems #HALP
I've been kinda out of it lately, but here's some stuff I managed to scrounge.
- Cimorelli's been releasing a stream of music videos (ALL OF WHICH ARE FANTASTIC, BTW) and started a (tv?) show where they document their life. It's pretty awesome.
- The Raven King got released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *grabby hands* I haven't been able to read it yet, so NO SPOILERS.
Lately I've been addicted to Sarah Jaroz's music, especially Run Away and Build Me Up From Bones. For some reason, they give me a Hunger Games vibe (the first book) Probably because the soundtrack for the first movie had a lot of acoustic on it????
Run Away could have been written about THG.........
And that was my April.
SO. WHAT DID YA'LL DO THIS APRIL? WHAT WAS THE BEST (or worst??? Your choice) BOOK YOU READ THIS MONTH? WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT FAVORITE SONG? DID YOU BUY BOOKS? DOES YOUR LIBRARY DO BOOK SALES???? I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.