Wednesday, 27 April 2016

The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You by Lily Anderson | WARNING: THE FOLLOWING REVIEW IS FULL OF RAVING AND FANGIRLING AND FEELS

                                                                              




 
 

I received a digital copy of The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You from the publisher in exchange for a review. This does not affect my opinion.

Trixie Watson has two very important goals for senior year: to finally save enough to buy the set of Doctor Who figurines at the local comic books store, and to place third in her class and knock Ben West--and his horrendous new mustache that he spent all summer growing--down to number four.

Trixie will do anything to get her name ranked over Ben's, including give up sleep and comic books--well, maybe not comic books--but definitely sleep. After all, the war of Watson v. West is as vicious as the Doctor v. Daleks and Browncoats v. Alliance combined, and it goes all the way back to the infamous monkey bars incident in the first grade. Over a decade later, it's time to declare a champion once and for all.

The war is Trixie's for the winning, until her best friend starts dating Ben's best friend and the two are unceremoniously dumped together and told to play nice. Finding common ground is odious and tooth-pullingly-painful, but Trixie and Ben's cautious truce slowly transforms into a fandom-based tentative friendship. When Trixie's best friend gets expelled for cheating and Trixie cries foul play, however, they have to choose who to believe and which side they're on--and they might not pick the same side.
  

The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You by Lily Anderson comes out May 17, 2016.
 

*takes a deep breath* I CAN'T BEGIN TO SHRIEK HOW MUCH I ADORE THIS BOOK!This is by far one of the best books I've read this year.
Basically this book can be described as:
Much Ado About Nothing + fandom + mystery + amazing writing + fantastic, relatable characters = The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You
                                                                                 


The dialogue amazing. Just read these quotes, and you'll understand.
[7:43 PM]
Me
Dad is trying to convince us to change our last name to Cumberbatch.
[7:47 PM]
Harper
Are you guys watching the BBC Sherlock again?
[7:53 PM]
Me
Don’t judge us. The Cumberbatches are a proud people.

If that doesn't convince you to read it, I don't know what will. Trixie Watson is my spirit animal, mostly because we're both die-hard Marvel fans.
 This book was filled with things I love: fandom references, two people who hate each other and then end up falling in love, a nice little mystery, comic books, and overall tons of wonderful nerdy-ness that made my fangirl heart swell 10 sizes. I was grinning like an idiot the whole time I was reading it. I couldn't help it. I also laughed out loud(literally) to many times to count. If you are in a reading slump, and want something light hearted and fantastic, this book is for you. Or you know, if you are a reader of any kind, you should read it.
Also you should probably know that Ben and Trixie are OTP status, because they are absolutely perfect together. Obviously.
This book was definitely a 5/5 star book for me. GO FORTH AND READ IT, MY CREAMPUFFS.
HAVE YOU READ THIS BOOK? ARE YOU EXCITED FOR IT? ARE YOU GOING TO READ IT NOW, AFTER HAVING READ THIS REVIEW? TELL ME BELOW. I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.

4 comments:

  1. You had me at Much Ado About Nothing. Then you added fandom and I just - I NEED TO READ THIS!! IT SOUNDS AMAZING!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSS YOU MUST READ IT. I can guarantee it'll land on your favorites list :D

      Delete
  2. Wait wait wait...IS THIS A FANDOM BOOK?!?!? OMGGGG I NEED IT. I NEED TO STOP EVERYTHING AND JUST READ IT. *shrieks* I'm alreay loving that snippet, omg. 😂 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *shrieks with you* YESSSS IT'S A FANDOM BOOKS. THERE'S REFRENCES TO DOCTOR WHO, SUPERNATURAL, LORD OF THE RINGS, BBC SHERLOCK AND BAJILLIONS OF OTHER THINGS, AND THEN THERE'S THE WHOLE COMIC BOOK ASPECT OF THE NOVEL. YOU NEED TO READ IT. IT'S...*struggles for words* IT'S THE BEST!

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.