Thursday, 28 April 2016

Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare Book Review | OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER

                                                                          
Yes I did make that stele out of a pencil, hot glue and nail polish.

*royally flails around the room* WHERE DO I EVEN START? This book was so fantastic and beautiful and pretty and gorgeous and amazing and...and...*Searches for words to describe Lady Midnight* I CAN'T EVEN ASDFGHJKL. I laughed out loud(literally) so many times that my family probably thinks that I'm insane.
                                                                             

This was by far Cassandra Clare's best book. You can tell how much her writing and plot and everything else related to writing books, has improved since City of Bones(which is still my favorite Shadowhunter book EVER, probably because I have such wonderful memories reading it.) So I guess I love City of Bones just 1% more than Lady Midnight. The characters were fully fleshed out and they all seemed so real! My favorite character was by far Mark. *hugs him* NOW LET ME LIST ALL THE THINGS I LOVE.
 
 
 

ALL THE THINGS THAT (LITERALLY) MADE ME SQUEAL AND JUMP AROUND MY ROOM AND GRIN LIKE AN IDIOT(I'M NOT JOKING)               


 - The short story at the back of the book. When Jace * WARNING: THERE ARE SPOILERS AHEAD*
proposes to Clary, I screamed, danced around my room, out the door and into the kitchen, where I proceeded to jump up and down, shrieking "MY SHIP IS GETTING MARRIED, MY SHIP IS GETTING MARRIED, MY SHIP IS GETTING MARRIED!" Someone please tell me this is a normal reaction to have. ALSO SIZZY. #IAMSHIPPINGALLTHESHIPSRIGHTNOW

 

- The story. Now I was sort of expecting it to feel old, a rehash of the other books. BUT I WAS SO PLEASENTLY SUPRISED. The story feels so new and fresh! The humour was new, the story was new, the characters were all basically new. Mark was my favorite.

-I ADORED the sensitive way Ty's autism was shown. Cassandra Clare is the Queen of depicting people's differences in sensitive, positive ways that are true to life.

- Big families were shown in such a positive, happy way, that my poor fangirly heart almost exploded. Coming from a very large family myself (I have 7 siblings) I see all to often big families getting bashed in books. But Cassandra Clare doesn't do that. She shows how awesome and fun and amazing being part of a large family can be, and I really, really, from the bottom of my heart, appreciated that.


- All the secondary characters had parts to play. They were all important, and I loved every single one of them. I was also extremely pleased that Church(the cat) was there. I heart Church. When I get a cat one day, the cat will be called Church. Christina was awesome. Did I already mention that Mark is the best character and that I adore him?
                                                                              

- All the snarky, sarcastic, sassy, wonderful humour.
 

CONS(This isn't really a con because this book was perfect, but I couldn't put this under things I love because I'm 99% sure that all the other Shadowhunter fans are going to murder me, so yeah)

-IS IT WEIRD THAT I SHIP EMMA AND MARK AND NOT EMMA AND JULIAN? *hides in shame* I SHALL GO DOWN WITH THIS SHIP.
                                                                                    
 


Anyway, Lady Midnight was the best thing ever, and I can't wait for the next book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you guys read Lady Midnight? If so, did you love it?! Or have you not read it yet?(in which case, what is your life, get off the internet and go read it)

8 comments:

  1. HAHHHHH I LOVED IT SO MUCH TOO I COULD SCREAM. NO WAIT. I WILL SCREAM. BECAUSE FEELS. *commences fangirl shrieking* But omg how can you ship Emma and Mark!? nooooo. XDXD JULIAN FOREVER. I love Julian. Actually I love all the characters. (I'm sooo happy about Malec in the backgrond there *hiccups happily*) And I really love all the diversity and how it's not forced or weird or underrepresented. TY IS AMAZING. And I loved all the big family-ness and...okay okay I'm just gushing. Least to say I ENTIRELY AGREE WITH YOU. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...I just don't ship Julian/Emma. I really have no idea why.
      OMG YESS MALEC. AND CLACE!!!!!!!!!! AND SIZZY. BASICALLY ALL MY SHIPS FROM TMI ARE LIKE, GETTING MARRIED AND I CAN'T EVEN.
      I think we can both agree that Lady Midnight was PERFECTION.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any Cassandra Clare, which is a problem and should be corrected ASAP, I think. :-)

    MY FAVORITE KIND OF PIZZA IS ANYTHING WITH VEGGIES AND CHEESE AND MEAT ALL COMBINED AND MY FAVORITE TEA IS BLUEBERRY AND MY FAVORITE BOOKS ARE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA AND LES MISERABLES. (In answer to your question below the comment box :P )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YASSS you definitely should read Cassandra Clare's books. They are FANTASTIC.
      OMG BLUEBERRY TEA IS AWESOME AND NARNIA. (I haven't read Les Miserables, mostly because it's so huge and it scares me. I should probably read it, right?)

      Delete
  3. *whispers* I hate to admit this, but I’m not really a fan of Cassie Clare’s books. *hides* However, seeing how much you liked this one makes me want to give her books another try. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous review! ❤

    ~ Zoe @ Sotires on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's okay! Not every book is for every person.
      You should totally give Lady Midnight a try! It is very long, but so totally worth it XD
      I will say, though, that (assuming you've only read The Mortal Instruments) TMI is not the best representation of her writing skills. TID is much better, but Lady Midnight blew them both out of the water!

      Delete
  4. actually, i ship mark an emma too....THOSE FEELS I GET ON THE LAST PAGE CAN BRING DOWN ANYTHING PPL SAY AGAINST MY SHIPPPPP
    i mean, you can feel the sizzle, anticipation and new....things when Emma confronted him~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YASSS FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO SHIPS THEM!!!!! I feel like they work better together than emma/Julian.

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.