Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Ren: The Girl With The Mark | Episode 1 Review

                                                                                     

Let me explain my feelings for this show with some gifs:

                                                                                


 
 
So Ren: The Girl With The Mark premiered yesterday, and OH.MY.GODS. was it ever good! I was so excited for this show, and was rather nervous about whether or not it would live up to my expectations. I needn’t have worried, because it was every bit as good as I had hoped, and more. If you haven’t heard of Ren before, and are looking for new high fantasy show to be addicted to, then Ren is for you.
                                                                              

The acting was on point, and the scenery and visual effects were amazing, as good as any high budget film you’d pay to see in a cinema. Ren is almost like a Katniss sort of figure, in the way that she is looking out for her family, hunts and trades and stuff. She's very strong and able to look after herself, which I love, but she's not a Mary-Sue character. The character that stood out to me the most, was the Commander. He had barely a minute on screen,  and didn't say much, but he had such a presence. He was creepy, and scary, and you could tell just by looking at his face that he was not a nice man. I really want to know what his connection to Ren's father is and how he knows him.
Karn is another character who stood out to me.
Another thing that I really liked was how confidant the actors were. In a lot of TV shows(I'm going to call Ren a TV show, it's easier, and plus, it is a TV show, just on the internet not a TV) the actors take a few episodes to really settle into their characters. They are rather unsure, and this makes the episodes cheesy and fake. All the actors in Ren, however, were absolutely sure of themselves, and the characters they were playing. I really appreciated that, because it made the characters seem like real people, not some actor play-acting those people. Did that make sense? I hope it did, cause I'm not sure how to describe it any other way lol.
I'd give this episode a A. My only problem with it was that it was only 11:00 minutes! And it ended on a cliff-hanger! And we have to wait until next Tuesday for the next episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KATE WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO US! 
In the meantime I'm going to be re-watching this episode 100 times.  I will be going into a spoiler section now, so if you haven't watched it yet, go watch it, and then come back XD




OK. So my favorite scene was the one from 1:02 to 2:18, where Ren is drawing the stag, and then she has a little archery lesson with Karn, and she shoots some fish. The whole scene was really magical. The landscape was amazing, so beautiful, kinda like something out of Middle-earth! This, pared with the music and the wonderful acting, made it the best scene out of the whole episode.
I wonder if we'll get a soundtrack? I hope so!
The other scene that really stood out, was, of course the scene from 9:13 to 10:09 where Ren runs into the Commander, and gets knocked over. It was really foreboding, and the actors and the music really captured that.



SO! WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE FIRST EPISODE OF REN? TELL ME BELOW, SO WE CAN FANGIRL TOGETHER.
 

4 comments:

  1. *screams* THAT WAS SO GOOD! I think I'm hooked. Oh snap, this is bad. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME, MIRIONEL?! NEXT TUESDAY? You've got to be joking. Well, I'm glad you'll be giving me updates about it! Thanks for introducing me! I AM REALLY EXCITED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE! XD
    (I'll probably hate you for pulling me into this later so you've been warned)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha no problem! XD I'm glad I got you hooked on it! This show deserves to have millions of views.

      Delete
  2. It was pretty cool!!!!!!! I loved it!!!!!!!

    The acting WAS really good. The only thing I would say is that Dagron seemed to go a bit over the top when and after he talks to the commander, kind of making it seem more like acting. It just didn't seem as real. Though it was an intense moment, I know. It just seemed more like acting right then.

    JSYK, so far, my favourite character is Dalia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah that was a little over done, come to think of it. Maybe it was meant to be like that? :D
      I don't have a favorite character as of yet.

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.