Thursday, 17 March 2016

5 Reasons Why You Should Read The Wheel Of Time

                                                                                   

I ADORE THE WHEEL OF TIME SERIES SO MUCH. *hugs it forever* And not without good reason. I also only know two person besides myself who's reading them, despite the fact that many of the WoT books are New York Times bestsellers. So to remedy this dreadful situation, I've decided to list 5 reasons why you should read WoT in the hopes that you actually WILL read them.
Also maybe they'll redo the gods-awful TV show pilot they did last year if lots of people read the books.
My post on the awful tv pilot that everybody hated
My review of A Crown of Swords(book seven)
My review of Winter's Heart(book nine)

1) This is the most important one. IT HAS AN EPIC MAP. JUST LOOK AT THAT MAP. IT'S BEAUTIFUL.


2) It's the Game of Thrones-in-between-seasons-and-books-replacement that you've been looking for! It's got 15 books(including the prequel) and it's as about as epic as you can get. SO MANY BAD GUYS. I haven't finished the series yet, and I have no idea how they are going to kill all the bad guys. All I know is, some main characters are probably going to die in the last book, because Robert Jordan has been holding back the tidal wave of character murders that most books have(I can only think of one really important character death.....I'M STILL MAD ABOUT IT.) Therefore the last book will probably be a bloodbath.

3) The characters are all so unique, and have so many layers to them, that they seem real. Even the good guys have bad sides to them. Everybody is scheming for more power, and everybody is always watching everybody else. (At least in Cairhien, Andor, Illian, Murandy, Tear, and Mayene, where they actually play the Game of Houses. Don't play that game, btw. You'll probably end up with a knife in your back from your back-stabbing frenemy.)
4) Brandon Sanderson finished the series. Why did he do that, Mironiel? you ask. Well Robert Jordan, the author, died before he could finish them. (HOW INCONSIDERATE) Luckily, he had written out everything that he wanted to happen in the finale, so everything's all canon and stuff. His wife searched around for an author to finish the series, and Brandon got the job. So basically if you are a Brandon Sanderson fan, you should read the WoT series.

5) It's so detailed and fantastic that it seems is real. The only fantasy that I can think of that can top WoT is Lord of the Rings.

So go and read them! Please. I'M BEGGING YOU. SOMEONE PLEASE READ THEM.

4 comments:

  1. YESSSS WOT. These are all very awesome reasons - couldn't have said it better myself.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about this, and it's on my list. I just haven't gotten to it yet!

    ReplyDelete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.