Monday, 22 February 2016

Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard Book Review | ALL THE PAIN.

                                                  *SCREAMS*
MAVEN YOU EFFING ORC HOW DARE YOU. YOU ARE LITERALLY THE MOST EVIL VILLAIN EVER.
Hi and welcome to my probably horrible review of the wonderful heart wrenching book that is Glass Sword. Sorry this review is so late. I pre ordered the book with the intention of reading it right away(which I did) and then reviewing right away(which I didn't). Because I'm feeling lazy, I'm going to do this in list form and then a spoiler section, but first, pictures!
                                                                                   

                                                                                  

THINGS I LOVED:
- CAL CAL CAL CAL. I didn't like him very much in RQ, because, like everybody else, I shipped Mare with Maven. But now that that ship is absolutely sunk, I ship her with Cal. Besides, Cal was so awesome it was basically impossible NOT to like him in Glass Sword.
-Mare's power. Her power over lightning got stronger and stronger in GS.
-The newbloods' powers. THE NEW NEWBLOODS HAD SO MANY AWESOME POWERS THAT I WISH I HAD.
-The atmosphere of GS was so different from RQ. In RQ, we are mainly surrounded by Silvers, and we mostly visit Silver places. In GS, it is completely the opposite. RQ was also a lot faster paced the whole way through, whereas GS was much slower, with really fast spots(THAT ENDING 0_o)
-A certain character death.

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE
-A certain character death.
-The cliffhanger.

SPOILER SECTION. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.





OK WHY THE EFF DID SHADE DIE? WHY. WHY WHY. HOW DARE YOU VICTORIA AVEYARD! JUST BECAUSE YOU KILLED THE ELARA AND ALL YOU FANS ARE HAPPY, DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET TO KILL SHADE TO MAKE THEM SAD.
No but in all honesty, Shade's death was so sad! I didn't cry, mostly because it happened so fast that I didn't even realise he was dead, and then I had to go back and re-read it a few times before I understood what my poor eyes were reading.
But I'm so glad Elara is dead. My prayers were answered lol.
ALSO. THAT CLIFFHANGER. I HATE MAVEN. I HATE HIM. UGH. Anyway, book 3 is going to be EPIC. What were your feelings on Glass Sword? Tell me below! aaaand now namarie creampuffs.

2 comments:

  1. OKAY THESE BOOKS SOUND REALLY GOOD. I may have to check out the first book!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have accidentally spoiled you for the first book 0_o Go read them! Their soooo good.

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.