February was a sloooow reading month. I read only 11 books. *hangs head in shame* Truth was I was to busy writing to read much. Here's all the books I read!
1) The Raven Boys, books 1 and 2 by Maggie Steifvater. I've rated each book a 4 stars on Goodreads, because I like/love this series. I'm not crazy about it, but I like it. You know? I'm kinda on the fence about it. 4/5 stars for both books.
2) Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. OMGS I LOVED THIS BOOK! It was the YA equivalent of the Wheel of Time for me. 5/5 stars. I did a review for it here: http://lifeofamirkwoodelf.blogspot.ca/2016/02/truthwitch-by-susan-dennard-book-review.html
3) The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski. I loved this book even more than the first one! THAT CLIFF HANGER THO. 5/5 stars.
4) The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black. I love Cassandra Clare's books(as of yet, I have only read TMI, but still) which is why I picked this book up. I have heard tons of different oppinions from different people, the most popular of which is that it copies Harry Potter. I do not share that opinion. The two series, while they have similarities, are basically very different. Definitely 5/5 stars.
5) The Only Pirate At The Party by Lindsey Stirling and Brooke S. Passey. I love Lindsey Stirling. She's one of my favorite music artists, and so of course I had to buy her book! This book was so funny and entertaining, that even if you aren't a fan, you'll love it. 5/5 stars. I did a review for it here: http://lifeofamirkwoodelf.blogspot.ca/2016/02/the-only-pirate-at-party-my-crazy.html
6) Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. This book was so different in atmosphere from Red Queen. It was also slow to build up...but that finale tho....it killed me. It also killed some characters....5/5 stars. I did a review for it here:http://lifeofamirkwoodelf.blogspot.ca/2016/02/glass-sword-by-victoria-aveyard-book.html
7) Harry Potter book 4. I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS SERIES. 5/5 stars.
8) Specials by Scott Westerfield. I finally finished this series! I cried, I'm won't lie to you. It was a wonderful conclusion to a wonderful series( because I will not be reading Extras as I heard it was awful) 5/5 stars
9) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. As a writer of fanfiction myself, I totally understood and sympathized with Cath. This was honestly the best book I read this month, and I love it to bits. I can't believe it took me so long to get to this book! 5/5 stars.
10) Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. Honestly, this book was slightly, just slightly disappointing. I liked it, and really enjoyed it, but I wasn't crazy over it. The ending really hooked me, though, so I will definitely be picking up book two when it comes out! 4/5 stars.
AND NOW FOR ALL THE WRITING PROJECTS:
Sci-fi novel: Well I'm 5, 296 words into editing the first draft(I'm having to re-write about half of it, and that doesn't include editing the second half, and then editing the re-write) HELP.
Gearbound: I'm 839 words into the first draft(I'll only be doing one draft for Gearbound) I said I was 5 chapters in, and I was. But I felt the chapters were too short, so I condensed them into three chapters.
Anti-hero story: I felt inspired to write a story about a sarcastic, 18 year old. Canadian, female mercenary heist assassin named Finn. Idk why, but I'm 3,474 words in, and I love where this story is headed. I already have the ending planned out, and I cried when I thought of it because death and sadness and explosions and guns and stuff. It's pretty brutal. It also has a very attractive guy called Red in it, because I am of the belief that every YA novel needs an attractive male in it for all us fangirls to fangirl over.
High fantasy story: I've been working on this high fantasy book forever, and its changed so much since I've started it. I'm like 10,000 words into editing it.
-CARMILLA IS GETTING A SEASON 3. AND IT'S THE FINAL SEASON GUYS. HELP. I'M NOT READY FOR CARMILLA TO END ASDFGHJKL.
- Ren: The Girl With The Mark comes out tomorrow! I wonder if the episodes will be regular length, or the 5 minute max that all web shows follow. I hope that they are regular length, because I need as much of it as possible lol.
-Amy Lee released all her covers so far in an ep called Recover: Vol.1. YAY! She hasn't released her Speak To Me video yet, even though it was supposed to be out by now.
-Cimorelli announced their first full length album, Up At Night! I NEED THIS NOW PLEASE.
So yeah. That was February. What was your favorite book that you read this month? What are your word counts for your writing projects? What is the most exciting thing you can't wait for in one of your fandoms? Tell me below!!!!!!(also sorry I wasn't able to stick some gifs in here. This post was written as fast as possible)