Saturday, 6 February 2016

Editing,Scrivener, Wattpad, February To Do List | The Existential Crisis

So I recently posted the final chapter of my Carmilla fanfic. I feel like an era has just ended. I'd been working on this fanfic for so long that I felt lost without having another chapter to write, and suddenly I had no idea what to do.

WHAT DO I PUT ON WATTPAD NOW? SOMETHING ORIGINAL? ANOTHER FANFIC?
 IF I DO AN ORIGINAL STORY, WHICH ONE OF MY PRECIOUS CHILDREN(read = writing projects) DO I SACRIFICE TO WATTPAD?!

      *CUE EXISTENTIAL CRISIS*
                                                                              
Sorry I just had to use that gif.

                                                                              

Why thank you for asking! This crisis has been resolved, thankfully, as of yesterday. I've decided to sacrifice write this steampunk project that has been stewing in my brain for quite awhile. It's called Gearbound, and here is the fabulous cover I mad for it:
     
                                                                              
 
 
ISN'T IT JUST BEAUTIFUL?! IMAGINE IF THIS WAS A REAL COVER FOR A REAL BOOK THAT CAN BE PUT ON YOUR SHELF....*sighs*
Just in case your wondering, I made the cover on picmonkey.
 
Anyway, I can't tell you anymore than that right now, but hopefully I'll start writing it soon. This time around, I'm going to write the WHOLE things first, and then do weekly uploads of chapters onto Wattpad....because we all know how frightfully long it took me to write chapters for my Carmilla fanfic. Sometimes there were like 3 months between chapters!

*hides in shame*
I feel like I need Scrivener. But I just can't be bothered with shelling out the 50 bucks to buy it. Or to take the time to learn it....The thing is, editing in a word doc is the freaking hardest thing ever. UGHHH.
 
 
 
 

So to those of you who have Scrivener, IS IT WORTH BUYING?! PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW!
 
Anyway, February is going to be crazy busy. Here's a list of all the things I hope to accomplish in the cold and dreary month of February:
 
-create a Scarlet Guard(Red Queen) RPG on G+.  
-Finally get around to RPing in the two RPG communities I belong too.
-Get a Tarvalon.net account.
-Reach the halfway mark for book editing.
-review five books(HELP!!!!!!!!!!!)
-Mockingjay pt 2 review(this one needs to happen)
-Start working on Gearbound.
-Finally become a Dark Lord and rule Middle-earth.(This is, naturally the most important)
 
 
 
February is going to be hell. Help.
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. AHHH GOOD LUCK ON ALL YOUR GOALS DARLING.
    Ooh! I LOVE your book cover! The title is quite nice, too. :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Mironiel! Of course you would say domination is the most important... XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins* Of course it's the most important! XD and thanks!

      Delete
  3. That is an awesome book cover!!! Good luck with your goals as well. Also when you gain the power over Middle Earth promise to be kind to the Hobbits, and the Elves, and the Dwarves, and... everybody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D
      Hm.... I can promise nothing, since Dark Lords don't make promises, and I'm trying to live up to the illustrious example of my predecessors, Morgoth and Sauron ;)

      Delete
  4. YES YOU NEED SCRIVENER. XD Okay, I'm slightly biased but I looooove it. It like changed my writing life. :') But I got it for free...so...yeah. (A nice relative gifted it to me, ehhe.) I didn't actually think it was that hard to learn to use? But the money is a sad thing.
    Ooh, good luck with your new story!!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.