Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Why I Find TBR Lists Stressful.

So you've probably noticed that I used to do TBRs for each month, and that I usually never completed them, and then I stopped. There's a reason for that. Well, ok, more than one reason.

1) As soon as I press 'post' I suddenly feel obligated to read every single book, and that I'll be judged if I don't.

2) I am a very spontaneous reader. I will randomly see a good book a the library, and pick it up, even if it wasn't on my TBR, which means that I usually read every book that ISN'T on my TBR. Which is embarrassing.

3) I can't buy every book I want to read, so I go to the library. Unfortunately, they don't always have the book and they have to bring it in from another library and it takes forever, or someone else has it out, and it takes forever for them to return it. Which means I don't always get the book in time to read it. Or when none of the libraries own the book, and so they have to decide whether they want to buy it or not. A good example of this is Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I got to read this book like 6 months after it came out, because of they didn't buy it until 6 months after it came out.

And that's why I don't do monthly TBRs anymore. It's very stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.