Friday, 29 January 2016

Problems Of A Booklion

Here are 10 problems that I have all the time.

                                                                            

1) Reading the most amazing book ever, and needing someone to go 'ASDFGHJKL OMGS I LOVE THIS BOOK IT'S AMAZING AND PERFECT AND BRILLIANT' with, but no one you know has read it.
THERE SHOULD BE A SUPPORT LINE FOR THIS. WHY IS THAT NOT A THING. SOMEONE MAKE IT A THING.

2) Organizing your bookshelf in rainbow order, and then getting annoyed beyond reason because all your series are out of order.
GAHHHH THIS IS THE WORST, I SWEAR. I TRIED DOING RAINBOW ORDER ONCE AND I NEVER DID IT AGAIN BECAUSE IT WAS SO ANNOYING.

3) Walking through a bookstore like you own the place, and picking up a bunch of books, but then finding out you don't have enough money to buy them all.
UGH THE PAIN IS TO REAL. IT'S THE SECOND WORST THING EVER.

4) When your favorite book has the worst, most ugly cover in the existence of covers.
Some examples of this include all of Zane Grey's books, The Wheel of Time series( I wish they'd scrap the artwork, and make them look like leather, with a symbol from the book on each cover) and the Airborn by Kenneth Opple(I love this trilogy, sadly the books have horrible covers)

5) When your TBR pile is so large that you feel genuinely stressed just by thinking about it.
HHAHAHA MY TBR PILE ISN'T OUT OF CONRTOL...HAHA...HAHA..HA...ha...yeah it is out of control. I spend my nights thinking about how to cut my TBR pile down instead of sleeping. #TRUESTORY

6) When someone spoils a book you've been dying to read.
ARGHHH THESE PEOPLE ARE EVIL!! ASDFGHJKL I had Allegiant, TFIOS, THG, and basically every major series spoiled for me. *questions the universe.*

Anyway, tell me in the comments if I missed anything, or you have something to add!
Namarie!



14 comments:

  1. 7. Getting a book from the library and wanting to read it over and over again, but someone else has a hold on it, so you have to return it.

    8. When you really want a book from the library, but there are 20 holds on 2 copies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9. When people keep bothering you while you are trying to read.

    10. Running out of room on your library card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGS....WAIT....YOU CAN RUN OUT OF ROOM ON A LIBRARY CARD?! *SCREAMS* HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!

      Delete
    2. Sadly it is true. On my library card I can only borrow 25 books at a time.

      Delete
    3. That's terrible!! 0_o WE MUST DEMOLISH THIS FOOLISH LAW.

      Delete
  3. THE.
    WHEEL.
    OF.
    TIME.
    SERIES.
    I s2g the Lord of Chaos cover I almost didn't buy the book. Crown of Swords was almost as bad. The only ones that've not been too awful so far are The Shadow Rising and The Path of Daggers. Your cover idea actually sounds really awesome; I wish they did that.
    5 is literally me oh my gosh.

    - Ellie
    http://ontheothersideofrealitynew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I wish ToR publishing would change their covers...FOR ALL THEIR BOOKS BECAUSE EVERY.SINGLE.BOOK.HAS.THE.EXACT.SAME.KIND.OF.ARTWORK. THIS MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL THE DIFFERENT SERIES APART(apart from the titles, that is)

      Delete
  4. YES YES I struggle with these too! Particularly spoilers...like, omg if you're not up-to-date with the latest book, people are SO bad about leaving spoilers everywhere. D: It breaks my heart. And ugly covers?! Ugly covers are the. worst. One of my favourite Sherlock Holmes retelling YA books has horrendous covers and my poor little bookish heart is just broken. OH THE AGONY.

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There should be such a thing as the 'Spoiler Police' that go around giving fines to people who spoil poor unsuspecting innocents XD

      Delete
  5. 11. Pulling out a book to read while there's a bunch of noise and chaos going on around you and then putting the book away because you remember that you can't comprehend your reading while there's people around.

    12. Reading the same sentence 5 times and still not comprehending anything you just read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh number 11 is so true! I come from a large family, so lots of noise and chaos is the norm, making it so hard to read.

      Delete
    2. I know! I try to read around friends and my brain's just like, "Nope! Not gonna happen!"

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.