Tuesday, 26 January 2016

My Writing Goals For 2016

This is late. Very late. Ridiculously late. I don't really care. #SWAG
Awhile back, I did my #Booknerd Goals For 2016 post, but those were my BOOKNERD GOALS. NOT WRITING GOALS. ALSO SOME RANDOM QUESTIONS ARE INCLUDED.

1) What do you plan to do with your Wattpad?
UMMMMMMMMMnothing. HAHAHA JK JK. Actually I really don't know. I'm currently writing the last chapter in my Carmilla fanfic which has 3.6k reads! OMGS YOU GUYS ARE SO AMAZING, and after that, I have no idea. I want to put something original on there.

2) What do you hope to have accomplished by the end of 2016?
Middle-earth domination. Oh wait, this is writing goals. Hm.. as soon as I finish editing and revising, I hope to find a literary agent for my book, and then sign a big book deal and make a million dollars off my book so I can BUY ALL THE BOOKS.
I'd also like to try my hand a writing some poetry.
                                                                                   


3) When do you hope to finally stop procrastinating and get around to finishing editing/revising?
*hides behind Barad Dur* *SCREAMS* NEEVVVVVERRRRRRRRR!
Well what happened was, half way through writing my book, the main character's point of view on certain things in the book changed. In fact, the whole plot line also changed. So now I'm have to re-write the whole first half of my book. And then revise the whole thing. *jumps down a rabbit hole*
                                                                    

4) Any tips for editing and revising?

-run around screaming like chicken with it's head cut off, and once you've got that out of your system, sit down and edit till your finger fall off. Yes I realise that this was a gruesome idea. NO REGRETS.
-eat pizza(pepperoni)
-wear nice fuzzy socks
-listen to music
-drink 1,000 cups of tea
-print your whole book off and then revise it that way. It'll be easier.
-drink coffee. While I do not consider coffee to be as good as tea, it'll help you stay awake at 12:00 at night when your trying to figure out what character to kill off next.
-take a shower. All of my best story ideas have come from thinking while in the shower. Also some of my worst story ideas, but that's not the point. If your at a loss at what to do, maybe you need to change something, or maybe the main character is annoying you, TAKE A SHOWER!


5) WHAT IS YOUR BOOK ABOUT?! TELL US.
First of all, you don't demand a Dark Lord to divulge her secrets. And secondly, it's too early to really say anything! I will tell you one thing: It's YA, sci-fi and I'm planning it to be a trilogy. That was three things so now be grateful and bow down to the Dark Lord who graciously shared with you.

6) How many story ideas do you have floating around in your head?
Too many. I try and write them down. I have an idea for a steampunk story, a contemporary, a Lindsey Stirling fanfic(which has something to do with pirates), and a low fantasy story set in the UK(so England, Scotland Wales and also Ireland) that has faeries. Badass faeries. And those are just a few of my story ideas! *groans* I can't write them all. It's starting to kill me.

7) Will you participate in NaNoWriMo?

                                                             
No. I don't think I'd do well with all that stress.
                                                           
8) Do you like to kill characters?
Yes. I love it. The more painful the story, the better. Basically I sit down at the computer and do this:
PLOT PLOT FIGHT DEATH DEATH DEATH DIE DIE DIE EVERYBODY DIESSSS MWHAHAHAHAHAHA HEARTBREAK DEATTTTTHHH

So my plan with my book is to make it as heart breaking as possible so that my readers will drown in their tears. :) Aren't I a nice person?


Anyway, that's what I'm planning for 2016. Namarie!




5 comments:

  1. Omg you sound like a nefariously evil writer. XD GO YOU. and GOOD LUCK WITH ALL OF THESE!!! Pizza is probably the answer to everything in life? Also coffee. Although once I finished up a hard day of editing with a reward of chocolate coated coffee beans....least to say I didn't sleep that night. -_- BUT IT WAS WORTH IT.

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGS your blog is like my favorite blog ever.
      HEHE yes I try to be an evil writer. It makes life more interesting XD

      Delete
  2. WHAT IS THIS A FELLOW LOTR FAN *FREAKS OUT* HIGH FIVE.
    "Middle-earth domination" same girl same.
    Awwww badass faeries yessss. My current ideas involve a steampunk/espionage novel taking place in New Orleans, a fantasy (trilogy? series? eh something. at least three books) about SORCERERS, and a futuristic trilogy that DOESN'T INVOLVE A TOTALITARIAN GOVERNMENT WHAT. xD (Basically it's a bunch of self-contained communities constantly fighting each other. Like if there were the Districts, but no Capital, but the Districts were constantly invading and fighting each other anyway.)
    Killing characters is quite fun, as well as putting them through the emotional wringer.
    OKAY I HAVE TO ANSWER NOW:
    1. Pizza = cheese with extra cheese
    2. Tea = jasmine, although raspberry is pretty darn good too.
    3. Book = Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett. You've never read it, you (like everyone else) say? READ IT. It's ultra hilarious.
    Okay let's see:
    1. Fellow LOTR/Hobbit Freak
    2. Fellow writer
    Yup I'm following your blog.

    - Ellie
    http://ontheothersideofrealitynew.blogspot.com

    P.S. A+++ use of those gifs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHOA WHOA BACK UP.
      YOU ALSO LIKE WHEEL OF TIME????
      AT LAST I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER.

      - still Ellie, hah.

      (ARE NOT NYNAEVE AND LAN THE CUTEST THING THOUGH.)

      Delete
    2. *LOTR FANGIRL HIGH FIVE*
      OMGS YASSS NYNAEVE AND LAN. FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO LOVES THE WHEEL OF TIME.
      I've actually read a few of Terry Prattechet's books and really enjoyed them. I guess I'll have to read Witches Abroad now!

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.