Saturday, 30 January 2016

My Thoughts and Feelings on Cruel Crown by Victoria Avyard | Book Review

                                                                             

I have been dying to read the novellas for EVER. It was breaking my bookish heart not being able to read them(I don't have a Kindle or anything) Yesterday I went to my library, and they had just got Cruel Crown in. You can imagine my joy. I actually squealed when I saw it. Rather loudly. In the library, where you are supposed to be quiet. Oops.

                                                                                   
 
I really loved these novellas. AND THE COVER IS SO BEAUTIFUL *pets cover* What? Everybody pets book covers!!
VERDICT: AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AND PAINFUL. 5/5 STARS.
 
 
 
SPOILERS
 
 
 
 
 
Queen Song: My Thoughts And Feelings
 
-I really enjoyed being able to read about Coriane as a character instead of just a name. In Red Queen we don't get to met her, so I really appreciated this. I was hoping the novella would not show her death. IT DID THOUGH AND MY HEART WAS BROKEN.
 
-I liked how we met Elara almost right away. UGH even when she was young, she was a total witch.
 
-Coriane's meeting with Tiberias was so touching. I liked being able to see Tiberias as a teenager, because it showed a different side of his character. In Red Queen we're not entirely sure whether he's completely evil or not. At least I wasn't sure. So getting to see him as a teenager, who has a soft, kind side was really nice.
 
-I found it really hard to watch Coriane go downhill after having Cal. She became so..messed up mentally. At the end though, when she's dead, the way her death was described it sounded like a suicide. Did Elara actually kill her? I can't remember if that was mentioned in RQ. SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE.
 
-FUN QUESTION: All the whispers seem to be really cruel, heartless beasts. But they can't all be like that just because they're a whisper, can they? I would like to met a nice, kind Silver whisper.
 
Steel Scars: My Thoughts And Feelings
 
-I didn't like this novella at first as much as Queen Song, because I found it hard to get into. I take that back now. I love Steel Scars and Queen Song equally.
-
So Farley is actually 22 years old? I kept envisioning her as like 40 years old! Also her real name is Diana. I feel like I know the character of Farley so much better now.
 
-ALSO ARE FARLEY AND SHADE IN LOVE?! PLEASE TELL ME THEY ARE BECAUSE I SHIP THEM SO HARD.
 
-I didn't like Farley in RQ. She was cold, kind of rude, and altogether a easily dislikable character. Reading from her P.O.V was quite enlightening as to her personality, showing us that she does have a softer side to her. A more likeable side.
 
-LOL that moment when she finds out that Shade is a newblood and in order to prove to her that he's actually a Red, not a Silver, he let's her cut his wrist so that she can see that his blood is red. So funny and perfect. And then he asks what her real name is, and it was so cute and sweet.
 
-I really liked reading that scene where Mare falls off the balcony during the Queenstrials from someone else's P.O.V. It was neat to see Shade's reactions, and Farley's and everybody else's that were watching it on one of the screens in the market place.
 
ONLY TWO MORE WEEKS UNTIL GLASS SWORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Namarie! 

2 comments:

  1. OH WELL YOU SEEM MILDLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS. XDXD And that's awesome that your library gets in novellas too!! My library needs learn from yours. *heavy sigh* But that's so awesome they were everything you wanted them to be. I DO SO LOVE THIS SERIES' COVERS.
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MORE THAN EXCITED LOL.
      Well my library doesn't get novellas very often. In fact, this was the first novella bind up I've ever seen in the YA section of my library. I feel like that needs to change.
      OMGS IKR RED QUEEN HAS SUCH PRETTY COVERS.

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.