Monday, 11 January 2016

A Journey Through Time | Passenger Book Challenge

*Tardis noise* Hello everybody! Today I'm going to be recommending books from different historical time periods. This challenge is inspired by Passenger by Alexandra Bracken, and it is a time travel novel. I haven't read it yet, but I really want to as I've heard great things about it.

So my first recommendation is Shadowhawk by Andre Norton, and it is set in Egypt in the year 1590 B.C. "Rahotep is more than a simple captain of the Nubian Desert Scouts. He is heir to the Nome of the Striking Hawk, which for over a generation has been under the harsh rule of the Hyksos. Accused of a crime he didn't commit and driven out of Nubia by the ascension of his scheming half-brother to the throne of Viceroy, Rahotep flees north to Thebes, accompanied only by a loyal band of Nubian archers. Here he takes refuge in the court of the Pharaoh Sekenenre III. Treachery, this time at the hands of murderous and power-hungry priests, throws Rahotep into a cell, deep beneath the Temple of Anubis. He must escape, not only to prove his innocence, but to join in a battle upon which hangs the freedom of Egypt."
 I read this book a LONG time ago, and I re-read it all the time. Guys, it is such an amazing book I cannot stress how much you should read it.  The characters are amazing, the writing is amazing and the plot is FABULOUS.
                                                                             
 
Next is the Raven King trilogy by Stephen Lawhead. This trilogy is literally my all time favorite historical fiction books ever. Like EVER. It's a retelling of Robin Hood, but it's set in Wales when the Normans were taking over, and Robin Hood is a prince, and his name is Bran. His father is killed by the Normans, and he is determined to avenge his father and reclaim his kingdom.
I read(well actually I marathoned them) in three consecutive days. If that doesn't convince you to read them..well I don't know what will.
 
Next is The Finishing School series by Gail Carriger. While it is a fantasy-steampunk series, it is set in Victorian England. LOVE this series to bits!
 
Next up is the Leviathan trilogy by Scott Westerfield. This is another steampunk, but it's a steampunk/alternate history of WW1. I loved the first book, but I found the second book, Behemoth boring. I'll hopefully get around to reading the last book, Goliath soon, and hopefully it'll be better than Behemoth!
 
Next is one of another of my all time favorite books, Riders of the Purple Sage by Zane Grey. It's set in Utah in 1871. I've talked  about this book before, and it's honestly the best western 'romance' novel I've ever read. I adore this book, and apparently there's a movie too!
 
Next is the Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children trilogy by Ransom Riggs. The peculiar children travel throughout many different time loops, but the most predominant one is the September 3, 1940. I LOVE this trilogy, I highly recommend it. I'm currently reading the third book, Library of Souls and it's amazing!
 
Obviously the Ruby Red trilogy has to be on this list. The characters in this trilogy travel to lots of places in time, so I won't mention any, as it'd spoil the series. SUCH PRETTY COVERS THO.
 
 
 
Now traveling to the future( because time travel can take you anywhere) I pick the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu. This is probably the most believable dystopian trilogy I have ever read, next to the Hunger Games. I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!
 
 
And that's all. I hope to read Passenger soon! XD
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.