Tuesday, 27 October 2015

The Heir by Kiera Cass book review!

The Selection is probably the cutest series EVER.
            (Am I the only one who thinks that she'd make a great America Singer?)                                  

 
So the Heir is the fourth book in the Selection series by Kiera Cass, and, as usual the cover was GORGEOUS! GAH I WANT THAT DRESS!
A lot of people say that Eadlyn was 'whiney and annoying' and blah blah blah. I actually didn't find her that whiney or annoying! In fact, I totally sympathized with her. Think about this way: Your parents suddenly tell you that they want you hold a Selection so you can get married. You'd be pretty furious too.....so really, can we hold it against Eadlyn if she's a bit whiney? I'd be even MORE whiney than her, to tell the truth, if I was her. 0_o Thank gods that Selections don't actually exist. My overall opinion of this book? ASDFGHJKL AMAZING I LOVE IT.
 
 
MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR THE HEIR COMING UP.
AVOID READING FURTHER IF YOU HAVN'T READ THE HEIR YET.
 
AND NOW FOR MY VERY-SPOILERLY-THOUGHTS ON DIFFERENT THINGS FROM THE BOOK.
 
1) The caste system being removed and the ridiculous civil unrest.
YAY! I really hated the caste system, but the fact that people are still judging each other by what caste their family came from is ridiculous.
Parent: NO YOU CAN'T MARRY THAT GIRL HER FAMILY WERE EIGHTS!
Person: YOU CAN'T HAVE THIS JOB BECAUSE YOUR FAMILY WERE FIVES!
Person: I'M BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE MY FAMILY WERE TWOS AND YOU FAMILY WERE ONLY SIXES!
 
2) Eadlyn's fit over the whole Selection idea.
Let's just say that she handled that situation as well as can be expected from a 18 year old who doesn't want to get married.
 
3) The Suitors.
GAH. I like most of them. They are all so sweet(usually) and kind(mostly) that I don't really know which one would be best for Eadlyn.
 
4) Kile and Eadlyn.
Do I ship them? I don't know. ARGHHHHH
 
5) Henri and Eadlyn.
Again, I sort of ship them.....Henri is sooo adorable tho. XD
 
6) Ahren running away to France to marry Camille.
Seriously Ahren? That was NOT necessary.
 
7) America having a heart attack after reading Ahren's letter.
SEE WHAT YOU DID AHREN?! HM? FEEL HAPPY NOW? OH YEAH AND AMERICA BETTER NOT DIE. IF SHE DOES...............*GLARES*
 
8) "I knew that for my sake - for my family's sake - that I had to finish my Selection. And when I did, I'd have a ring on my finger." ~Eadlyn( the last two sentences of the book)
ARGH. I JUST CAN'T.....*CRIES*
 
I NEED THE NEXT BOOK NOW!
 
So yeah....that was my review. 5/5 stars!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.