Thursday, 15 October 2015

The Death Cure by James Dashner book review

Guys. Page 250. Seriously. It killed me.

                                                           




                                                     WHYYYY JAMES DASHNER?!
Ok don't get me wrong, I loved this book. James Dashner managed to do what not all authors can do: end their book series with a bang. And the Maze Runner trilogy certainly ended with a bang. A heart-breaking-evil-awesome-epic-sad bang. The kind that makes you cry and feel depressed. The book was well written and action packed, just like the last two books. I think the one of the reasons this book had such impact on me, is because I read the Scorch Trials and The Death Cure in less than one day, one right after the other. It was kinda like I was living in the Maze Runner world, you know? And than...BOOM. END OF THE BOOK. The Maze Runner trilogy is amazing.
 
AND NOW. IF YOU DON'T WANT LIFE-ENDING SPOILERS, LEAVE NOW.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

                                                     DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.

1) Phase Three of the Trials
This was probably the only part of the Trials that made the least sense at all, I mean, the Maze Trials and the Scorch Trials were a  little strange.

2) The Rat Man telling them they can get their memories back.
I didn't buy all that 'oh yeah you'll totally remember everything! All your memories will be legit real not faked', and I'm really glad Thomas, Newt and Minho didn't either!

3) Newt having the Flare.
At this point, I was already dying from the feels. BUT I did trust James enough still to hope that we would come up with a cure. HAHAHAHA.

4) Denver City.
Gods. Denver city was soooo creepy! All those people walking around, wraped up in coats and stuff, and holding herbs to their noses(Rose got my nose, I suppose!) really reminded me of what people did back in Medieval Time when the Black Plague was going around.

5) Gally.
This made me angry, but then I actually pity him now. Poor Gally.

6) Thomas getting WICKED'S device removed from his brain.
This was a really cool scene. It was interesting to read how Thomas didn't want to harm his friends but he couldn't control what he was saying or doing. It kinda made me even more sorry for Gally.

7) Going to find Newt in the Crank Palace.
All I have to say: WHYYYYYYY ASDFGHJKL

8) The Red Arm.
Why are rebels/rebellions have names to do with fire or the color red?

9) "Please, Tommy. Please." ~Newt, page two hundred and freaking fifty.
I read this part at 11:00 PM at night. Naturally I couldn't sleep the rest of the night because of all the feels. WHY JAMES DASHNER DID YOU HAVE TO KILL MY FAVORITE CHARACTER?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                    

10) Going back into the Maze.
Ah reading that part was so fun. Like heck yeah I know that place!

11) Teresa's death.
NOOOOOOOO WHY SRRSLY I LOVED HER CHARACTER. I SHIPPED HER AND THOMAS NOW MY OTP IS RUINED THANKS A LOT!

12) The ending.
This was an amazing ending. It kind of reminded me of the ending to the Return of the King. Sad, but happy, and also bittersweet. Oh yeah, and I DO NOT ship Brenda/Thomas. TEAM TERESA FOREVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.