Hey guys! So recently(2 weeks ago) I read the first book in the Leviathan trilogy by Scott Westerfeld. It's a steampunk series about a girl, Deryn, who wants to be an airship middie(midshipman). But she's a girl, and girls are not allowed to be middies. So she pretends she is a boy, and gets accepted on the ship the Leviathan. But the Austro-Hungarians and Germans are gearing up for war against England. The Austro-Hungarians and Germans are Clankers. They use 'diesel-driven iron machines loaded with guns and ammunition.' The British Darwinists use genetically fabricated 'beasties'.
I REALLY enjoyed this book. It was slow at the start, but then it got better and better and then the ending was a cliffhanger and omgs it was brilliant!! I'd give this books a 8/10. I have high expectations for the next book, Behemoth.
April was a really good reading month for me. Sadly, I was unable to read Red Queen, Son of Sobek and the Hunger Games. I will hopefully be able to read them this month. But anyways, this is what I did read this month:
1) A Crown of Swords by Robert Jordan(bk 7 of the Wheel of Time) I already did a book review on it so click here
2) The Siege of Macindaw by John Flanagan(bk 6 of the Ranger's Apprentice). This book was really good! If you want a easy read, I recommend this series.
3) Erak's Ransom by John Flanagan(bk 7 of the Ranger's Apprentice). Funny story: When I finished this book, there was an epilogue, so I thought that it was the last book in the series,(and it wasn't) and I freaked out. I was like "What? is that it? is it done? What about Will and Alyss? And Horace and Cassandra? THIS CAN'T BE THE END!! IF ITS THE END I'LL DIEE!!" But as I'm still here you can probably deduct that it wasn't the end of the series. This book also has some plots twists. One of them I didn't see coming, and the other sort of did see coming.
4) Skybreaker by Kenneth Oppel. About 2 years ago I read the first book in the trilogy, Airborn. But then I never got around to reading the other books. But now I have and OH.MY.GODS. YOU GUYS REALLY NEED TO READ THIS SERIES! It's got action and romance and bad guys! It's also steampunk, which makes it even more awesome!
5) The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan. This book is the first book in the 39 Clues series. It is a children's series, so I may or may not continue reading these books. It was good though.
6) The Lost Kingdom by Matthew J. Kirby. I liked this book, it wasn't the best, but it was good.