Monday, 6 April 2015

The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas by John Boyne Book Review

                                                               ok...so where to start.
The book is good, but in my opinion it wasn't spectacular. It's about a nine year old boy called Bruno who lives in Germany at the time of WW2. I found it hard to get into at first. It took me about half way through to actually start enjoying it. And the ending....0_o I applaud John Boyne for doing what he did with the ending because it's totally not what your expecting to happen.It completely blew my mind. I had to put the book down and calm myself before I finished. I did sort of cry, though not much. I was in to much shock to cry, so I spent about an hour lying on my bed, unable to fall asleep. And though I found it hard to get into at first, I could really relate to Bruno, because we both moved far away from our homes and friends, and because of that I found the ending just to much for me. There is a movie, which I intend to watch, but not yet..I am still to sad. I'd rate this book a 7/10 because I wish it was easier to get into. If you like historical novels, you'll like it!
Namarie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.