Thursday, 12 March 2015

Defending the Hobbit movies against all haters :P

 
*Takes a deeeep breath* ok. You know what annoys me more than anything?! People hating on the Hobbit. I don't care if you don't like them. I don't mind that. It's when people say stuff like, "The music was boring and not new" Ok. Srrsly? You just need to shut your mouth and take a trip to outer space. Why? Because you are a disgrace to Middle-earth. There was so much epic music in the Hobbit that we had never heard before. Yes there are some similarities. BECAUSE ITS MIDDLE-EARTH. Both trilogies are set in Middle-earth, there has to be similarities. We hear the Shire and Rivendell themes again because we visit those places again. But otherwise the music is almost completely different. Listen to these:

 
 
the list goes on and on...Far over the Misty Mountains Cold, The Last Goodbye, I See Fire, Blunt the Knives...
 
Now As for how the characters were portrayed, they were done perfectly. So what if Tauriel doesn't exist. I don't hear anyone complaining about Haldir dying in TTT. Tauriel is simply a female elf that was given a name. And a part to play. She is so compatible with lore that she belongs in Middle-earth. End of story.
 
I've heard a lot of people complaining about the use of CGI. Ok, you like watching the Hobbit in 3D, right? Well the miniatures used in LOTR worked well because LOTR was not filmed in 3D. The Hobbit was, which means that had miniatures been used, it would have looked SO fake. SO DO YOUR RESEARCH PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! Dain Ironfoot was done in CGI because not only did Mr.Bill Connolly have a health issue, the make-up was not working. They just were not able to make him LOOK like Dain. So they used CGI, and Dain looks like Dain should. A lot of the orcs and goblins were CGI too. Well Smaug takes up a lot of the budget doesn't he? Also...HOW ON EARTH ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO MAKE AZOG OR BOLG LOOK 7/8 FOOT TALL WITH MAKE-UP?
 
And one of the most despicable things possible that I hear is that PJ and crew did not put as much love into the Hobbit as they did in LOTR. EXSCUSE ME? I just need people who say that to take themselves and become a hermit. They are a disgrace. I have the Art and Design books, I have heard the interviews etc. PJ, the actors, the crew, everyone working on the Hobbit movies put much, much love into them. And the Battle of Five Armies was epic.
Thank you for reading my little *cough long cough*rant!
Namarie!
                                                         

2 comments:

  1. The only thing that bugged me was that they had Bolg and Azog living at the same time. I thought that Bolg's motivation in the novel -to avenge his father- made more sense than the movie which had Bolg being kind of a big pinheaded brute. But here I am sticking up for orcs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. Yeah, I was kinda annoyed that Azog and Bolg were both alive at the same time, but it worked out in the end.

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.