I don't normally read self-help books, but since I adore Lilly, I decided to read it. This isn't just another YouTuber book, oh no. It's a guide to conquering life, so if you were going to pass by this book because of the whole 'Every YouTuber is coming out with a book!!' thing, think again. This book will literally change you. I was not prepared for how it changed me. Sounds cheesy, right? But it's true. Some words I would use to describe this book are: motivating, inspiring, fun, helpful. Besides that, Lilly is also one of the most relatable people on the internet. I mean, just look at these gifs and tell me that they are relatable AF:
- This book isn't just good advice and motivation, it also (obviously) includes plenty of humor, which made very fun.
- The book is very colourful, with lots of pictures and fun, bright, happy colours. I always like it when a book is aesthetically pleasing.
- At the end of some segments, she put interactive exercises for you to do, and they were so great! Here's my favourite:
- At the end of each section she put a short part called 'Out of the Blue' and basically they showed her life before and after, and how much happier she's become and how everything changed. I may or may not have cried.
- My favourite chapters are: Get Uncomfortable, Schedule Inspiration, Don't Survive, You're An Investment, and Promote What You Love. My favourite Part of the book was Part 2: Hustle Harder.
-Some quotes that I loved and will definitely be putting on my wall:
"Lack of motivation isn't permanent or a sign of weakness. Expect it and proactively schedule time to be creative."
"Be The Dumbest: Challenge yourself by surrounding yourself with people who know more than you do. It's a vital way to learn and improve."
"Think of discomfort as currency-- it's the price you pay to learn some pretty crucial things."
"Mistakes don't exist just to make us feel bad about ourselves; they are opportunities that we should not ignore or shy away from."
"Don't just try to pass your classes; try to ace them. Don't just aim to pay your bills; save enough to travel. I don't want you to write a script just to see a movie get made; I want you to win an Oscar. That's the difference between settling like a survivor and conquering like a Bawse."
- IT WAS TOO SHORT I WANTED MORE! I WANTED IT TO NEVER END. I WAS SO SAD WHEN I FINISHED IT.
In conclusion, this was a truly amazing book, one that I will be buying, re-reading over and over again, and treasuring forever. I highly suggest that you all go out and get yourself a copy!
SO. ARE YOU ALL FAMILIAR WITH LILLY (AKA SUPERWOMAN) ON YOUTUBE? HAVE YOU READ HOW TO BE A BAWSE? LEMME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!